Travel Information

What documents do you need?

If you aren't sure whether you need a visa or an eTA, step through this form to find out.


Processing times for visa applications vary depending on the visa office and the time of the year. You are encouraged to apply approximately 12 weeks in advance of their departure date to ensure they receive the visa in time.

Request an invitation letter

To request an invitation letter, complete this form.

Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

As of November 10, 2016, visa-exempt foreign nationals are expected to have an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to or transit through Canada. Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travelers with a valid Canadian visa. Canadian citizens, including dual citizens, and Canadian permanent residents are not eligible to apply for an eTA.